Friday, June 29, 2012

High Five for Friday!

It's been a long, hot week.  I've been struggling to find five highlights since all I can think of is taking a picture of my sad, overworked AC or my soaring electric bill.  But I still have plenty to be happy with this week:

ONE girly walk.  We got ONE walk in this week because of the extreme heat, and Claire and I walked in style.  She carried her purse (under the doll), her doll, and a wind-up rabbit all around the neighborhood.  We get out in style.

TWO fun pictures from the park (the other one is my Project 52).  Again, we tried to get all our outdoor fun in early in the week before the smoking hot temperatures started.  Claire played for a full hour, running nonstop, and then was so tired she just walked back to the car.  No complaints.  And then she took a nap.  So no complaints from me, either.

THREE digit temperatures!!  It's been crazy hot and dry here.  I'm afraid just dragging my feet outside will start a grass fire.  Lots of fireworks for next week have already been canceled and we aren't sure we're going to be able to do much downtown on the 4th, either.  I can't wait until it rains.  I'll take my camping chair and just sit in it. 

FOUR or five episodes of Sesame Street!  We DVR all our Sesame Streets, even the reruns, just so we have something to watch.  And thank GOD for Elmo because it's been so hot we can't get outside.  So Claire's daily treat is an episode (or two) of Sesame Street.  I feel bad with all that screen time, but you can only throw blocks around the living room for so long. 

FIVE Insanity work outs under my belt.  We decided to try the Insanity work out this week.  It's really hard, and I have to modify some of the exercises (I can't really dip to the floor from standing with my back... and on some of those late jumps I hardly get off the ground with my sad right leg).  I've been getting my butt kicked though.  Just as the poster suggests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...