Sunday, August 22, 2010

Wally Approved Post

So, everyone should understand that Wally is like my child. Whereas the other two dogs are good dogs, Wally and I are super close. As a matter of fact, as I write this, he is curled up next to me. He has quite the personality, which he also shows off on his twitter page (@WallythePug).
It is no surprise then, that there might be a little sibling rivalry between Wally and baby-t0-be Claire. He seems to be the only dog who has a clue, meaning, he sees everything we're getting for a baby, he sees my belly moving around and kicking him, and I think I smell different to him now. It's kind of cute, but when he sleeps, he sleeps curled up next to me, usually on or partially on my belly. The baby responds to his pug snores, and Wally responds to the kicks and shifting that he feels from the baby.
Well, since my shower is coming up, Wally wanted to put something together for the baby so she knew what a special and important big brother she has. We saw a long time ago pug themed baby clothes, but they're all so expensive! I did break down and buy a few things (on clearance) from Gymboree at the mall. They're technically boy clothes, but fairly gender neutral. However, Wally still wanted something personalized. So, he decided to do some work this evening (with my help, pugs can't use irons) and he made these:
I'm not so talented at designing images, so I "borrowed" a few free images I found on the internet. My favorite, which seems weird for a baby, is the WWII themed pug "Big Brother is Watching You" image, which are quite popular among pug owners. We have a different poster in our house that is the same theme. But, we thought the whole "big brother" thing would also fit for Wally, and the artwork is just funny to us:
And I found this cute little play on "This Little Piggy" for pugs:
And we made a Christmas shirt, but we realize it might not fit by Christmas. We figured since we're doing some pictures early, that would work for a Christmas theme with Wally, and it would be a bonus if it actually still fit at Christmas (I didn't take a close up of that one). And finally, I tried my own designing skills and actually put Wally's face on one shirt. Well, Wally did it. But I helped. It says "Wally Approved" because we always give things Wally's stamp of approval:
So, Wally will be gifting these to me at the baby shower next weekend (sorry to ruin the surprise for those attending). I think they're pretty sweet, and they're nice newborn onesies with sleeves and hand caps so she'll be able to use these early on (even at the hospital--Wally wants her to come home in one of these, but we'll have to see).
Overall, this was a Wally-Approved project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...