Saturday, July 5, 2014

Tales from the Gnome Home

Claire and I have been at no loss for adventures this summer. We spend our weeks doing various outdoor activities, working on our handwriting and letters, and of course crafts!

This craft project took several days to complete, but I think it turned out nicely. I saw several of these concepts on Pinterest, with links to buy your kits but we thought to just make our own.

I took charge of the glue gun and glued together the door and window frames and shutters using craft popsicle sticks and hot glue.  Claire did all the painting. I originally thought to make curtains but loved the way this yellow fabric made the windows look like they were glowing so I just glued it on the back.

I sealed the projects with multiple coats of Mod Podge then sprayed everything with a sealant including the gnomes.

Claire helped me search for flat rocks, sticks, and bark for our finishing touches. She even found these cute split acorn shells I put by the door.  We really want to add pinecones,  but our searches have been fruitless. Or pineconeless,  if you will.

I hot glued all the things to the tree.  I couldn't find one good website to describe how to attach these things and I wasn't keen on drilling or putting nails into the tree.

Looks pretty good now! Don't know how long it will last, but it sure was fun and Claire loved finding all the parts. Now we have a whimsical addition to our front yard! The gnomes sure seem thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...