Monday, August 16, 2010

What a Goddess Gets...

So, my calendar has become so full I literally started tearing up today. I am out of Saturdays until the baby is due! I don't think I've ever had so many plans, and this is a time when I'd really like a little relaxation! So what do I do? I cry over spaghetti.
Luckily, my husband is being really sympathetic. I think it's just the shock from going from days on end of no plans to suddenly having an abundance of plans. I get further frustrated because I simply can't keep track of dates anymore. Pregnancy brain has prevented my internal calendar from working.
But I'm still on a mission to finish these baby projects before she's born! What do I have left? Well...
  • finish binding for both baby quilts, take pictures, blog to brag.
  • Dog scrapbook... the bad mom I am, I have all these dog things for their scrapbook and haven't bothered to work on it. I figure once the baby is here, SHE will star in all the photos and scrapbooks. So, I need to be a good mommy to my existing "children" and get their stuff done.
  • Crochet--I had plans on giving out some booties and hats (haha... riiight), but seriously, I still need to finish a few sets of booties and another hat for myself. Now that I bought white yarn finally (which was totally my excuse before) I see no reason to not get to work. My mental note is to bring home a teaching bag from work and load it down with yarn and patterns and spend a little time each day working on my projects.
  • Baby room decorating!! I have the room basically done up how I'd like. We decided to put Wally's painting in the baby room (instead of making a new one), and I have to reattach some letters for her name, as a few popped off. Then I need to finally decide what goes where. And wash some clothes. 11 weeks left! No time like the present.
  • Wally's shower gift--Wally the Pug http://twitter.com/WallythePug is totally excited about being a big brother. So he picked out some shirts and designs and unfortunately doesn't have thumbs to put them together. So I've been helping him design and need to get out the iron and get these things made (and blogged). The shower is on August 29th... Wally doesn't want to be left out!
So... those are the projects that must be done. On top of cleaning, doctors appointments, football games (oh MU, sometimes I hate you), and a new year of teaching. Wish me luck! This baby will be here before I know it. And she'll be wearing a ball of yarn if I don't get on the ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...