Friday, June 15, 2012

High Five for Friday!

Friday, I feel like I've been waiting for you all week!

 Are you linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk yet for this fun idea?  I'm loving it!

So what are we happy for this week?

1.  Happy Father's Day! (early, of course, because Claire and I can't keep presents hidden!).  We were excited (one of us was) to go shopping this week for Daddy.  One of us had a melt down, so the other one of us had to think fast and run, but Daddy seemed to like his gift.  Oh, and Birchbox totally sent a surprise for Daddy too... I think he was excited.
2.  Puppy Pillows!  Claire is modeling them (of course) but I whipped up some cute puppy pillows for our two little ones for when they stay upstairs when I'm not home.  They're flannel and sort of plaid and have paw prints.  I should have taken very close up pictures, because for whipping these up, they are well done!  All the print matches up!  How did I do that?  Heck if I know, it wasn't my intention, just my luck I guess.  And do the dogs like them?  Well, as you can see my kid is enjoying them, no dogs in sight.  If I had seen them, even once, on the beds, I'd have taken a picture of that, instead.  I'm sure they appreciate the thought, right?
3.  Hair curls!  I just love Claire's cute curly hair.  Sure I know in just a few years these will be frizzy and out of control like my hair curls and she'll have to embrace product and flat irons and never ever be able to have hair this cute again, but right now, let's celebrate the cuteness!
4.  Nutella!  Miss Beth told us to try this since it's such a winner when Claire stays with her while I'm working.  Not that I'm having a terrible amount of trouble getting Claire to eat, but our old sandwich, the peanut butter sandwich, is not working anymore.  So I gave her a nutella sandwich.  Great success!

5.  Cleaning!  (I didn't take a picture, nor any before or after pictures--What has been seen can not be unseen, folks!)  I'm trying to fully embrace my stay-at-home status by getting some sweet sweet cleaning done.  I'm slowly working on deep cleaning all of our rooms so I can just spend a little bit of time cleaning next week.  Keep it clean so you don't need to clean, right?  Well, I've gotten the kitchen finished (deep clean, mind you), the living room, and one bathroom.  Then I did something to my neck, so all I've finished since that point was the other bathroom counter and anything else tall (no stooping).  But I'm super excited today because it's laundry day and while Claire eats breakfast I can freshen up the kitchen and living room.  I've got this.  At some point I'll write out that revised chore chart (like we had PC-Pre-Claire).  I love the chore chart.  It just lets me know what I should be doing, so nothing slips between the cracks!

Hope your week was great and productive, too! Anyone else use a chore chart?  Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...