Monday, July 16, 2012

July Birchbox

Whoohoo!  Birchbox is certainly spying on my blog posts, because I finally got mascara!  Joy!  This month's box was Glamour inspired to satisfy the senses.  Let's see what I got!

1.  Blinc Mascara--$26--It's hard for me to judge mascara because I have the world's saddest eyelashes.  They're thin, short, sparse... well, I might as well not have them.  I usually won't spend much on mascara because of this (because nothing helps, I know).  This promises to give a "sassy, extra glossy look" but I just found it to be really sticky and stiff.  I tried to curl my eyelashes just to give it a fair shake, and I curl them before and after mascara, but after mascara my curler flat out stuck to my lashes.  Of course, I had to try both eyes to make sure that was the case.  It was. 

2.  Jouer Moisturizing Lip Gloss--$20--really pretty gloss, not sticky, went on smooth.  SMALL sample which means I'll run out in no time and I probably won't buy it for $20.  But eventually, if I need to invest in something for my lips to look more lady-like, this wouldn't be a bad choice.  It IS really pretty.

3.  Manna Kadar sheer glo shimmer lotion--$29--WTF is this?  It SAYS it's a cream that adds a "supermodel-like sheen to [my] complexion" and I can use it with my foundation or apply as a highlighter.  This stuff is like... straight oil.  It's NOT a  lotion.  I read on the actual package you could use it all over your face but there's no way that would work (unless you're much much darker than me).  I tried it like a bronzer (I have a powder Bare Escentuals bronzer, so I get the point of a bronzer) and this didn't really do bronzing too well, either.  I don't see how it "highlights" anything because it's too dark to highlight.  Matt couldn't even tell I did anything.  This is best left to real professionals, I think.

4.  Oscar de la Renta Live in Love--$25-78--Pretty smell.  Says it's hyacinth and orchid over sandalwood and cedar.  I thought from that it would be pretty heavy floral, but it was nice.  Maybe not so much me, but this would be something I'd say someone like my mom would like (not an old lady perfume, just, something that she would like--it's not too "young" smelling). 

5.  Tea forte minteas--3 tins for $9.95--I already love my Tea Forte tea, so I was intrigued.  These are yummy and refreshing mints.  I'd like to buy these, just because they are in such a cute tin and do have a good flavor.  I hate to buy them now because it will take me a long time to get through all of them... but... what a tasty treat for my purse!

6.  Birchbox exclusive--earbuds (no listed price)--these are super cute and look super cute with my phone.  I already have the original ear buds for my phone which I fully believe are the best, but I think this would be nice to stash in my teacher desk for when I'm grading or working and want some tunes.  That way I don't have to drag my earbuds everywhere just in-case. 

So, it might not seem like I'm uber-excited about this box.  The mints and earbuds were a total nice surprise and win, in my opinion.  The mascara was fun to try, but it's no lifesaver (but like I said, I can't fix that).  I won't get the other stuff either probably, but it's fun to try new things (which is what Birchbox is all about, after all.) With that said, send more mascara, maybe something to plump and lengthen.  Thanks!

Do you get a Birchbox yet?  Remember, if you sign up, I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...