Friday, July 13, 2012

H54F!

Friday... I won't lie, this morning I thought you were Saturday.  I'm sorry.

What's awesome about this week gone by?

1.  Awesome new things in house!  The big one would be our awesome new ceiling light/fan in the living room thanks to my electronically-inclined father.  It is so beautiful and refreshing and has an awesome dimmer on remote that makes it feel like we're watching cool movies or something when we slowly turn the house lights back on.  While he was slaving away in our attic, I made what you see below.  It's from Pinterest.  It's decorated in pennies.  It's in my kitchen.  'Nuff said.

2.  Popsicles!  I know this was already my Project 52, but that doesn't make popsicles any less awesome.  Well, except when you drip your red popsicle on the deck so we attract every ant in a hundred mile radius, then step in sticky ant/popsicle mess when grilling later that day... but Claire likes them and has had one every day.  Except for bath day.  Because I forgot to do popsicle first and I am NOT cleaning her twice in one day.  Not that she gets super sticky with these... but you know the popsicle after bath would be the first time.

3.  New computer... I'm not so thrilled about this one.  And that's NOT actually my new computer in the picture.  My old laptop finally got funky so I had to get a new one.  Normally I'm excited about such things (and oh, this one is nice) but I really liked MY computer. So.  I'm kind of in mourning.  But Claire likes computers, no?



4.  Cute hair!  I finally worked up the nerve to try to style Claire's growing hair.  She'll let me play with her hair sometimes, so I put it in cute little pigtail buns.  Adorable.  Of course, the reason we stopped putting her hair up in the first place was because she'd pull it down.  And she did.  On the way to the Runge Center, which leads us to...

5.  Runge Center!  I love this place.  For those not local, it's a nice trail area with a nice indoor nature museum/information center.  The trails are wonderful and great for a toddler who loves walking on her own.  Yes, I'm that parent with the kid leash.... I've already discussed if you think this is terrible, come walk my kid on this trail.  It just helps me keep her attached to me, since she rarely wants to hold hands while we walk.  She was so stinkin' cute this week on our walk there, though.  We haven't gone lately because of our extreme heat wave, but she walked the 3/10 of a mile trail like a champ.  She even decided to take a break, patting the spot next to her for me to take a break, too.  And what did she do on the break?  Pointed at stuff and asked me what everything was.  Wish I knew more about trees and flowers, that's for sure!  And then the highlight of course is the inside area... where we saw turtles and fish and snakes and all sorts of stuff.  She's been so excited about turtles.  This was a big hit this week!

Don't forget to link up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk!  I sadly had a dream that I met her and her sister, Kate (follow both on the blogs, FB, and Instagram now).  And what did I choose to tell them in my dream?  "Hey, check it out, you totally just posted this and I went right out to buy the same eyeshadow, look!"  Yup.  I'm embarrassed of myself, even in my dreams.  But seriously, check them out.  

5 comments:

  1. The EAT sign made with pennies is so cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It was super easy, I was kind of surprised. I only wish it wouldn't be totally lame to make more for different rooms... I also saw pictures on Pinterest of people doing this with dimes or nickels. Honestly... with how expensive embellishments can be, decorating with actual money isn't that bad! (I never did add up all the coins, but I did with the "T" and I'm pretty sure it was 47 cents).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for the ceiling fan! We have a real crappy box airconditioner that definitely does NOT spread air to the bedroom. We're sleeping in an 80 degree room and it is MISERABLE. What I wouldn't give for a ceiling fan right about now! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better. I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The EAT sign is so cute! It's so stylish. :) i found you in h54f and followed you via GFC. i hope you can visit my blog as well. i can't wait to interact with new readers. let's be friends! :)

    Jen
    whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...