Saturday, March 31, 2012

52:13:Breakaway

Around our house...
We are finding our independence!
Maybe it's just because we all came down with exactly what Claire had this week, but I've been thinking a lot about this picture.  I feel like my role as a mother is a delicate ballet of near and far.  Sometimes Claire wants to be close, like when she wasn't feeling well and curled up with me for comfort.  Other times, like in this picture, Claire was happy and inquisitive and comfortable, so she broke away and did her own thing. 

Even in small instances, I realize the heartbreak and pride that go hand-in-hand as a parent.  I love my little girl and if I could, I'd just hold her close all the time.  However, I realize how much pride I have watching Claire become her own person.  She can do all sorts of things without me, and now can ask for me to do things she needs help with.  How different from a year ago! 

So this is a picture of my little girl running off to pick tulips without me.  And behind the camera, I'm smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...