Wednesday, March 14, 2012

52:11:Explore

Around our house...
It's spring break!
I'm not sure what I was thinking, but I felt the need to have a blow out spring break with Claire.  So far this week (and it's only Wednesday, by the way) we've gone on a two mile walk to the park (plus played in the park... after walking such a distance, she's lucky I didn't just turn around and skip that part).  Then we went to a local nature center called the Runge Center.  It's got great walking trails plus a neat indoor area full of displays and live Missouri reptiles and amphibians.  Then today we went on a walk, went to Bonkers in Columbia, had a big girl lunch out plus ran around on the Mizzou campus.  Oy!  My feet!

Claire walking on the trail... I had to become one of THOSE parents with the leash.  She won't hold my hand that long and she does NOT want to be in the stroller.  That leaves either me letting her run loose or putting her on a leash.  You can't blame me for wanting a little control over her still!

She peeked in these cabinets about 100 times.  She kept running back to look in the cabinets over and over again. 

Claire at Bonkers... mastering the slide.

Claire was obsessed with this car.  A group of boys kept riding it and every time she'd cling to the fence and watch.  So we plunked down some change and gave her a ride.  She had a great time!  I couldn't believe she would ride in the car!
She's had a lot of great experiences this week.  Little Miss Independent has to walk all on her own.  She's locked me out of her bedroom.  She picks out her own snacks.  She can slide down any slide anywhere ALL on her own.  No momma needed.  She walked the trail that was 3/10 of a mile at the Runge Center (on her own) then didn't really want my assistance going through the exhibits... except when she needed a boost so she could see.  She loved the exhibits that had lots of doors and things to push and open and close.  I doubt she learned much, but she had fun looking.  And now we're working on learning the word "turtle." 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...