Wednesday, March 28, 2012

52:12:Drive

Around Grandpa's House...
We drive tractors!
We had a few sick days this week.  Double ear infections suck, don't they!  Well, watching Claire yesterday, you wouldn't guess it!  We decided to go visit one of her favorite people, Papa!  It's so heart warming to see how much love Claire gives our parents--she's even starting to warm up to Matt's dad, which is enough to bring tears to my eyes! 

However, there will always be a special love for Papa.  Watching Claire fall in love with him just reminds me again and again how special a person he is to me, too.  So it was really special for me to take Claire over to my old house and have her play in MY yard!  Even though she was sick (and honestly, I'd have never guessed she had a double ear infection), she got to see cows up close plus a baby cow!  It's funny how baby animals, no matter the species, always identify with each other.  We also got to see the peacocks, and Claire thought those were pretty cool.  We saw fish, too.  Then Papa took her on a tractor ride (which is right about the time I remembered I had a camera).  Claire, obviously, is fearless.  She wasn't scared of being up high on the tractor or scared when it started to move or anything.  What did Claire want to do?  Grab the wheel and drive!  I guess she's got some country in her, after all!  Maybe I shouldn't be shocked.  I can ride a horse, feed the cows, drive a tractor... and keenly identify a fake Louis Vuitton from across the mall.  :)  Maybe there is room for both in her, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...