Sunday, September 9, 2012

Week in Review (High Five Post)

I'm way late.  It's Sunday.  I even had pictures, too.  I just thought I didn't do enough and then I was all "bummer I've been so busy" on Friday... well, here it is.  Last week:

Well, you knew I was going to the Mizzou game, rain or no rain.  Dad was in Tennessee riding awesome Runes at the Rune rally, so we invited our OTHER Matt to the game in his place.  Here we are pre-tailgate, sporting our rain gear, since it rained and rained.  We also win parents of the year awards for NOT taking our kids with us.
photobomb courtesy of the Other Matt
The game was awesome, even if it was raining.  The new field looks amazing.  I was hoping for the awesome new uniforms, but these uniforms looked sharp enough.
And our new Big Mo!  I have a feeling they need to find something bigger to pull Big Mo.  Folks in our section are joking Budweiser needs to get involved and give us a Clydesdale to pull that thing.  New Big Mo does not get around Faurot Field nearly as fast as Old Big Mo. 
Claire got a new friend!  Other Matt has a daughter named Clare (weird?) who just got a fish.  Our Claire is obsessed with fish and turtles and birds, so we thought about possibly getting her a pet, too.  Well, I didn't want the noise of a bird (yet), we weren't going to buy a turtle that will outlive us, so we went with a Betta.  He's still alive, too.  This is some kind of record for my ability to keep fish alive.
Starbucks.  You and I are going to get a lot closer.  When September first rolled around, I got real excited seeing as the pumpkin spice latte also comes out in September.  So September first I ran (not walked, ran) into our local Barnes and Noble Starbucks cafe for my drink.  Just to find out they wouldn't have it until the fourth.  So I went back on the fourth and got one.  Then I went back on the fifth for another one.  In justification, I went to do some grading, too.  So it wasn't all for the coffee.  Let's face it, it was all for the coffee.
So that's my week!  Lots of Mizzou, I suppose, but that's what happens during football season.  I'm pretending right now I don't know what happens at the Georgia game.  Fingers crossed I'll hit my head and forget.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...