Monday, April 9, 2012

Crochet Easter Bunny

I pinned this tutorial a while back with a whole slew of gems from Lionbrand yarn










                                                                                 Source: lionbrand.com via Melissa on Pinterest

 I found him adorable and immediately wanted to make him.  Although I am pretty adept at crochet, I shy away from this type of work.  Why?  Well, for one thing, I figure it's never going to turn out like the picture.  Then I don't think I crochet nearly tight enough for a stuffed product.  I don't know why my stitches seem loose, because they are really uniform.  I've been working on tightening my stitches though.
Finally for Easter, Auntie Anne came over to do some pre-holiday crafting and I broke out my yarn and hook and got to work.  I wanted to make him pink, but my pink yarn wasn't having this, so I switched to white and settled on making the ears pink.
I think he turned out rather well, except his body totally stretched out when I had to stuff it.  The head and limbs and tail all looked fine though.  If I were a true perfectionist, I'd have remade the body.  Unfortunately, I started working on this so late, I didn't have the time (or patience) to try it twice.  I really liked the pattern.  It was easy to follow, really simple, and made me feel comfortable to try this technique again for more toys in the future. 
And Claire?  Well, here she is with all of her Easter spoils, including Bunny, who was tossed aside for a pack of Peeps.  But she did take Bunny to church and gave him several hugs.  He even went on a wagon ride to visit Auntie Megan and was only thrown out once (thinking white was definitely not the color for Bunny).  So, it seems Claire really does like him, too.  He got more love than the Hello Kitty lamb, so, there you go.  Better than Hello Kitty.  Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...