Wednesday, April 11, 2012

April Birchbox!

I totally forgot to stake out the mail for my Birchbox... already!  I just didn't expect it so soon.  That's my excuse.  However, I've been so happy with Birchbox, without even opening it, I could tell it was awesome.  My teas (that I ordered two boxes of) have been absolutely my guilty pleasure.  Nothing like taking time out for a cup of tea on the back porch, enjoying spring.  So, I learned I loved that thanks to the last box... what will I find I can't live without this month?
Stupid picture... it's not this way on my computer!!
  • Wonderstruck-Taylor Swift perfume, retail $49-60.  I've already smelled this.  I actually scored a "sample" when it first came out, but it was the lame kind that is just the swab and lasts for exactly ONE trial and I wasn't sold.  SO unsold, in fact, I didn't put it on my Christmas list and instead got a Kardashian perfume and a Jessica Simpson perfume.  But I was at Dillards over the weekend and tested it again and realized it wasn't as bad as I'd remembered.  In fact, it was the one perfume Claire actually liked--she has gotten adept at smelling those little perfume cards.  So I'm happy with this generous sample (except it's a dab and not a spray, freaking lame).  I think after wearing this around, I'll probably ask for it.  
  • Benta Berry G-1 Exfoliating Facial Cleanser, full size $16.  I love me an exfoliating facial cleanser, I won't lie.  This stuff smells great and the sample is clearly big enough for a few tries.  I haven't tried it yet because I didn't have it in the bathroom last night.  I don't know if it'll replace the cleansers I already love and trust; I'm guessing it's more heavy duty than an everyday product.
  • Pangea Organics Facial Scrub, full size $32.  Yikes!  Too expensive!  It's also one of those tear open pouches which inevitably dry up before your second use.  I have three Pangea products, so I assume it'll be the same--intoxicating smell.  I will not be tempted! (but I guess Birchbox wants me to know I need to exfoliate my face?  Two scrubs?)
  • Pangea Organics Eye Cream, full size $55.  For that cost, I imagined my eyes would have been transported off my face and replaced with perfect skin from someone else.  Didn't happen.  In fact, I didn't notice much of a difference.  Another tear open pouch, I'm hoping to try it again tonight and maybe tomorrow.  I don't use an eye cream.  I have a bunch of Clinique samples that I'll try when I look particularly tired.  I haven't found anything that makes me rave.
  • Pangea Organics Lip Balm, full size $12.  How generous that they sent me a full size trial! (that paid for the Birchbox right there!).  I've been using it since yesterday.  It's really citrusy smelling (grapefruit and sweet orange, I believe) but it's just your general lip balm.  I probably will stick with Burt's Bees unless something amazing happens to my lips by the end of this tube.
  • Weleda Pomegranate Firming Day Cream, full size $33. What are you saying, Birchbox, that I have wrinkles?  I tried this today, fearing Birchbox was right, but I didn't see much difference.  I liked it on my neck since I always feel I can use a little pick me up there.  But my face still feels heavy.  It feels softer, though, so I know it's a good product.  I don't think it did anything for any wrinkles, but the sample is pretty darn generous, so I'm hoping I'll notice something.  Oh, and this smells awful.  Like an old lady who HAS wrinkles.  
So that's what I got!  I love my little sample boost!  I didn't realize I'd not be able to live without the tea in the last box.  I'm also still using my hair oil (yup, lasted as long as I thought it would!) and it makes my hair so soft and pretty!  I notice it's not really conditioning--my hair gets static-y.  However, if I use it one day, it seems to linger into the next day.  I'm not buying the perfume from last month, but I did use up the sample.  I like the nail polish and use it, too.  I still haven't tried the eye shadow.  Tsk.

Have you decided to order a Birchbox yet?  Discounts, easy ways to earn money off of full-sized orders, and lots of cool samples!  If you do, remember to mention I sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...