Saturday, January 14, 2012

The First Snowday...

...the very first of the year!  How I adore snow days!  I always marveled at the gift of an unexpected day off during the cold bleak months of the year.  I'm glad I chose a profession where the magic of snow days will never die. 

Normally on my "bachelorette" snow days, I'd cozy up in jammies, watch some tv, read a book, and nap.  Then I had a kid.  I have very fond memories of snow days as a kid.  My sister and I would play outside in the snow.  We'd sled.  Then we built a run after some ice which resulted in crashing into the fence.  We'd make snow men and forts.  Then we built an awesome fort that caved in on us.  And stole our parents scarves, hats, gloves--or used our own in the midst of building to help keep our snow man warm.  Then we'd come in cold and have hot chocolate and hot cereal (and as we got way older, we'd make our own pizza bagels and play games). 

I decided to pass on some of that heritage to Claire for her first "semi-lucid" snow day.  Last year we had plenty but she just didn't understand.  This time she had a little wonder in her--for some reason, Mommy and Claire were running around playing in jammies while Daddy got dressed and left for work.  Must mean fun! 
Claire helping with cooking--and showing off her teething face.  She's getting four new ones in all at once.
 We made breakfast, she took a nap, then playing around the living room actually reported to me she was poopy and ran off to get her diaper changed (I hate thinking about potty training so early--but holy cow!  She's on the road to it, alright!)  We built a house inside the house, watched Sesame Street snuggled up together... we had a great day.  Here are SOME of the pictures. 

The house in question--Claire is carrying in her tea cups.

Claire prefers the door the she has to rip open in the back.  It's good for a MTV Cribs style reveal--she's wearing her "Kid Vicious" shirt.  Bonus points if you know what that's hinting at.

Every good house has a kitchen, phone, and basketball.

Oh wait... hang on a second, I've got a call.

Hello?  (Static-y hair here...)

And of course, now we make tea.

Get Mommy her cup.

Now enjoy! (there's nothing in there... hows that for imaginary play?)

(she'll kill me someday for keeping this) Happy Snow Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...