Sunday, January 15, 2012

52:3:Cook

Around our House we... cook.  
I want Claire to remember the magic of snow days and be so happy to have such an unexpected, fun day.  I want Claire to some day stay home with her own babies and call me to let me know... the baby eats Farina ;)  That's what I did.
  I've been so inspired reading the other blogs that are also doing Project 52.  So I wanted to make sure I start capturing a few messages along with mine to tell our story of our year.  Here's our finished Farina made with the same "recipe" that my mom always used (plain Farina is NOT the bee's knees... but it is with some secret additions!)  Now that it's finally available in our area, I'm more prone to sharing, but I really was a Farina hoarder for years and would never let another person eat my special cereal.  But for Claire, I'd share no matter what.  I love cooking in the kitchen and having her as my little helper.  She's constantly pointing and asking "what?" to hear me explain what I'm doing or what something is.  From Project 52:1, even the pot hanger is getting special Claire attention.  It's "pretty".  Maybe just because I give her those pots to "help" momma.  :)
The "recipe" is not really so secret.  I'd share, if I were asked (although it's pretty darn simple).

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...