Sunday, January 22, 2012

52:4:Pretty

Around our house...
We like to be pretty!


Claire learned the word "pretty" back in December to describe the Christmas tree and lights, so it's not a new thing.  However, with her hair getting longer (and getting in her face) we spend some time in the morning getting Claire pretty by doing her hair.  Momma also has to get pretty putting on her make up and doing her own hair.  The inspiration for this was Claire coming to help me do my hair in the morning and pointing at me telling me I was pretty.  She loves to play with my giant make up brush--it's new and I don't use it for make up, so I figure it's safe to play with.
Checking out the "pretty" wand.  Of course, she doesn't need it, she always has such pink cheeks! (thanks, teething!)
She loves to get tickled with it--that's Clinique for you, making a brush that's so soft, it's like a feather!  But now it's also Claire's magic "pretty" wand.  And we have to brush other things and declare them pretty!  She tried to get Daddy with the "pretty" wand, but instead he took a picture of Claire and I playing.
Big girls comb their OWN hair, Momma!
I had to include some "outtakes" from getting our hair ready today.  Claire can comb and brush her own hair (although I don't do a very good job of taking a picture of it) and then she had to make her rocking chair pretty, too. 
If she could just learn to paint this neatly.  I guess it's always easy when you aren't working with something that stains the carpets and walls!
Oh the pretty wand... how I wished you'd do a little something for these bags under my eyes! (the task of taking Claire to day care in the mornings now has CERTAINLY weighed on my beauty... but it's so nice to have such a sweetie proclaim "PRETTY" and point at me!)

2 comments:

  1. I'm following you ;) And I will post your blog address on my twitter for other moms to follow.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...