Thursday, February 3, 2011

Claire Turns Three Months Old!

And what a three months it has been!  Originally Claire and I weren't going to get to hang out today because of parent teacher conferences.  However, thanks to the Snowacalypse, we got to spend today doing girl things--Claire being cute, me cleaning.  Claire, unfortunately, isn't a fan of the snow.

Even though I'm in my snowsuit, and we're inside, I'm cold.  I hope I don't fall in the snow!
 On the growing front, Claire now averages 5 ounces a bottle.  She also still fits in most of her clothes (although I stowed the newborn stuff out of spite).  Some outfits, like this one, don't have much fit left in them.  However, others fit with room to spare.  Kind of funny that different styles of clothes have different fit even at this young age.

This outfit isn't tight.  You just don't know couture baby when you see it.
 Her 3-6 month outfits are a little big, but we had a mini-fashion show today just to play around with a few new outfits I've had my eye on.  Then later I realized I still have a whole closet of 3-6 hanging up!  So after all my reorganization of outfits today, I have to eventually access those outfits, too.  But you can see, the fit is a little funny on a few.
Possibly the most difficult picture to take--it's supposed to highlight her little legs in her big outfit.  She just kicks so much!
 Claire is still rocking her cloth diapers.  I'm not having any trouble with them, and since they're one-size, we're not going to grow into a new stash.  I have refreshed a few this month, from our "used" stash, but they're all doing well.  I can't wait until it's warm outside so I can sun my diapers!  I refuse to do it in the cold.  Oh, we're eagerly waiting on our new hemp inserts.  I think our Blizzaster has delayed the shipping.  Boo.
Ever the vain baby... but she's so cute in cloth!
That's a BumGenius 4.0--notice I can't button in the middle anymore.  Seems to make her uncomfortable, and I like symmetry, so I can't button one side tighter.
Please... no more paparazzi!
And of course, our coveted red Fuzzibunz... it's my favorite.  I can't wait until summer when we can rock a diaper in public (under our adorable 4th of July dress?  I think YES!)

Claire can also raise up really well.  She's off her chest, looking around, squealing!  At daycare (they have harder floors--darn our plush carpeting) she's a roll-over wizard.  Apparently she rolls so much, they have trouble getting any tummy time.  We don't see as much rolling, but again, carpet, plus blanket... understandable.  She's got to have a lot of energy to do it more than a few times.
Oh I see what you're doing there... Silly Mommy!
Claire has also started holding things.  She prefers certain toys (which is odd, in my mind, because she doesn't seem aware enough for preference).  She pulls at blankets (and loves my old baby blanket--I'm afraid I'm going to lose it to her!  I still need it to sleep!), Mommy's hair, and can wield a mean binky.
Don't mind if I do...

She's aware of things around her.  I didn't even knew she would like this toy until today.  Let's face it.  I didn't know we HAD this toy until today.  She's got too much swag!
Hands are tasty--since we've started sucking thumbs around here, there's no need for toys!
She's drooly, and even though she's firmly grasping a toy, all she wants is to put something in her mouth.  She solves this later.  Notice how well she sits in her bumbo!  She probably sits in it for thirty minutes a day.
I'm going for it!  Look at this toy!

She's got some really cute outfits, this is one for Daddy.  She doesn't really like AC/DC.  I'm thinking of making her a Taylor Swift shirt--She at least LIKES T-Squint!
Don't shake me all night long!

TNT!  Dynomite!!
She looks like a young Daddy... in a headband and in pink, dancing to AC/DC. 

Claire certainly has a lot to work on and look forward to in the coming month.  We've gotten her to laugh a few times.  Most notably, on our recent snow days, while watching The Runaways--she likes to be wiggled and have you sing "Chchchchchc Cherry Bomb!" (although that seems highly inappropriate).  She also would like to keep working on her balance.  And told us that she's slowly going to work up to skipping her 2,3,or 4 am feeding.  Since the experts agree until she's three months old she really shouldn't go almost 12 hours without a feeding, we certainly don't mind (well, maybe a little).  We've already added a feeding at 10pm, which helps about half the time.
This smile's for you!
  See you next month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...