Monday, February 13, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Even though this is Claire's second Valentine's Day, I feel like it's the first one she can really participate in.  She's got a wonderful new group of friends now at her new day care, so I wanted to share the love.  I spent a long time searching for the perfect Valentines for her friends this year.  I was thinking crochet, but I just couldn't find the right, special item.  SO I spent a lot of time on Pinterest and found this awesome tutorial.  I got some hand-me-down crayons from a co worker and went to work! 
Our 2012 Valentines!
I didn't take any pictures of the process (silly me) but I did learn a few tricks.  First, you really need the top to melt completely.  It didn't do it in the 15 minutes that the tutorial suggested, so I kept my eyes on them and waited until it was all liquid on top.  That doesn't color well, but the top in the oven is the bottom of the crayon and if they aren't melted enough, the top of the crayon won't fit the mold. 
Cookie?  Cookie?  That's all we hear these days...
After making all the crayons for Claire's new friends, of course she wanted to put together a Valentine with a special message.  She decided on "you color my world" but I went ahead and wrote it on them for her since her writing skills are still a little shabby.  Of course, I plan on giving Claire all the artistic credit on this one, but I just hope that no one's disappointed they aren't cookies!  Claire was kind of disappointed about that... until she got to color for the entire afternoon!
Coloring is fun!  Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...