Sunday, January 9, 2011

Baby Legs and Big Girl Seat

Peek-a-boo!
 So I am in love with Baby Legs, little baby leg warmers, but they are so darn expensive for what they are.  I originally figured I'd have to learn to knit so I could just knit up a few of my own.  Then I found out I wouldn't have to!  Thanks to this helpful tutorial, I went out on the search for some socks and got to work.  I couldn't find the socks of my dreams, but these were pretty cute, and she needs more purple (and I realize the navy KIND OF looks like jeans.  SO that was kind of neat!)  I made three pairs--purple with navy, navy with purple, and stripes.  They're definitely big right now, but she's going to be a baby for a long time, so that's okay.  I'm still kind of humored by things that are oversized on her.  Makes me think she's small :)
I also found out that her cute little purple pom-pom hat that I made before she was born finally fits.  For being a newborn size, it certainly did NOT fit until now!  It's made out of a really soft fluffy purple yarn, and I mixed in some white for the trim and poms (to break up all that purple). 
In these pictures, she is also wearing one of her pug shirts that Wally graciously made for my baby shower.  It's a newborn size, but they STILL fit well.  I guess "newborn" is a nice way to say, it just might not make it all the way to three months. 
Despite all my rage...
We also decided, since we've been sitting up more with her lately, and Claire's head control is getting so awesome, that we'd invest in a Bumbo seat.  She can actually sit in it for quite some time, but she was being obnoxious for pictures, so Daddy has to support her head.  Might have had something to do with her giant heavy hat, too.  It's amazing how much she loves just being up in everyone's business.  Laying on the couch in her boppy pillow is for the birds--If she's awake she's in her bouncer or on our laps.  We also have a Baby Einstein jumper, but she's way too short.  Even with pillows.  But we still play with it with parent help. 
What a big little girl!  And notice the fit on the silly leg warmers--definitely something to grow into, but super super cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...