Sunday, November 18, 2012

November Birchbox

From left to right...
  • The Chuao Chocolatier Assorted ChocoPod (7 pack for $7.95)--won't lie, they had tastier sounding flavors like plain salted chocolate and honeycomb and chocolate.  I got the chocolate covered potato chip.  It was a really thick piece of high quality chocolate--couldn't even tell there was a potato chip in there except it gave a little crunch, like a pricey and better quality Crunch bar.  I won't lie, if I didn't have to risk the other weird flavors (bacon), I'd probably buy a box.
  • Oscar Blandi Pronto Texture and Volume Spray ($11.00)--I was on the fence about trying this.  I'm trying to avoid all drying, sulfate, silicone (well, the bad ones), paraben, whatevers on my hair.  I read through the ingredients and since I was wearing my hair straight today, I figured I'd give it a whirl.  Bad.  So bad.  It was like a magic spray that turned my hair into magic straw.  It didn't create "beachy waves" or any magical "texture" unless by texture you  mean heavy and sticky.  I was going to save this bottle for the beach next summer to recreate beachy waves.  Anyone else want to try it?  It's not for my hair type AT ALL!
  • Miracle Skin Transformer Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector ($58)--I was excited to try this product.  I've been in the market for a make-up primer with the reasoning that it would moisturize plus make my foundation look even better.  I do like this and misread the card thinking it was much cheaper... for this price though, I expected more from the product. AND I got a blemish... which I can't totally blame on this, but I have reasonably clear skin, so I've got to point a finger somewhere.
  • Stila All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer Try-Me-Set ($22--for three different colors)--I got the yellowish color of this (obviously).  I was really excited to try a "luminizer" or highlighting product with all those pictures floating around on Pinterest about how to mix this with bronzer to really contour your face.  I'm still working with it, but I was impressed with the blending of the product--it smooths right in and looks like a subtle glow.  For the price, I think it would be an interesting product choice to pick up.  Don't think anyone would be unhappy with it.  I also don't see how you could EVER use up all three (I'm thinking this sample will last a year as is).  But if you're interested in that type of thing, this is for you... the best they've sent me!
  • Atelier Cologne Rose Anonyme Petite Cologne Absolue ($75)--The product notes say they were on the look for an unconventional rose scent--it's smoky and rosy and straight up old lady.  It also claims everyone will ask what I'm wearing.  I'm pretty sure everyone will just ask if a dead relative left me her perfume from the 1950s.  This stuff is strong, perfumy, and not at all romantic as it claims.  It's got the "bold" part nailed though.
I won't lie, my Birchboxes are starting to wear me thin.  I've got a lot of samples that are stacking up that I don't end up liking... then samples I LOVE are way too expensive.  I'm thinking of cutting out now after using up my $20 worth of bonus points.  I hate to, because I love the thrill of samples.  And yet... I've bought tea, a BB cream, and two gifts for my husband from Birchbox using my points so far.  Might just get that luminizer set?   I'd have luminizer to last through the apocalypse.  I'll be buried at 80 with that on my face... maybe not then, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...