Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Missed a Few Birchboxes!

No big deal, I've been busy.  That and I won't say my Birchboxes have SUCKED, but I haven't found a product in a few months I've just died to tell y'all about.

September's Birchbox--teas, nail polish, the scrub, in the black is a tinted moisturizer I already reviewed, nail polish remover, and perfume sample.
So in this birchbox, I got a few packets of tea (but I haven't tried them... they sound yummy though and I may pack tea with me tomorrow for P/T conferences (since I can't stand talking all day plus all night--my voice dies).  The stand outs in this box were Kate Spade's Twirl perfume (which is amazing...ly expensive.  But still amazing).  I also like the white bottle in the middle.  It's a face scrub, but it's the kind with the really really fine scrubbers, so it feels like a high quality sandpaper rather than chunks of stuff in your soap.  If you're dying to know the name, I can send it to you.  It escapes me at the moment.  Duds?  The nail polish which was toted as "fall's hottest style" which made me think, matte?  No.  Just a runny pea soup green.  Thank goodness that little packet that says "fresh" was nail polish remover.  Irony, I suppose.


October's Birchbox: Explained below in order from Luna bar to lip gloss
So, this month I received:
Luna Bar (15 bars for $18.75)--I've had these before.  Take them or leave them.  I'll probably bring it to school and eat it 15 minutes after I get there stuff it in my desk for emergencies. 

A Beauty Blender (the pink thing--$25.95 for two)--This is a make-up sponge basically.  For "flawless coverage" you get it damp and put on your foundation.  I feel like it COULD work, but I haven't tried it.  Mostly because I use a fairly thick foundation and I just don't imagine it would go on smoothly with this.  Also, I really figured they were disposable, which meant the price was obscene, but apparently there are cleaning directions.  So.  Maybe it's started to get a little more interesting.  On a sidenote, Claire thought it was cool.

DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore Minimizer Moisturizing Serum ($85)--with a price like that, I imagine that name must cost ten dollars a word.  1)thanks Birchbox for making me feel like I need an $85 wrinkle cream at 31 years old, 2) I do kind of get a little sparkly when I realize I'm wearing an $85 dollar cream that no one can tell I have on.  I guess it works?  I think I need to hold on to this until I have something more to minimize.  I don't feel like it did much for the giant wrinkle on my forehead though.  And it's not just my forehead all screwed up from looking at the price tag.  I have a wrinkle there, too.

Marie Veronique Organics Anti-Aging Oil + ($80)--I actually really liked this stuff.  Great smell, great texture, made my skin happy.  Of course, unless they're selling 100 gallon barrels for $80, I'm probably not getting this.  But I really liked it.  And use it sparingly.  So it will last.

And finally, Chantecaille Brilliant Gloss in Charm ($33)--It's supposed to plump lips a little and keep the little lines from showing up.  For $33, it better do something better than Lip Smackers, right? It has the normal wear and tear of a gloss, but I do like the color and it definitely feels thicker and richer... like in theory if I trusted myself to walk around with a tube of this, I could see reapplying this all day and enjoying the wonderful effects.


All in all?  I got a lot of expensive stuff the past two months and I'm not seriously going to buy wrinkle stuff that costs that much or lip gloss (that I'll just lose anyway) for that much.  I'd buy the Kate Spade perfume, but it's going on my Christmas list.  I've been awfully good this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...