Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter, Baby Claire!

I was really torn how much to celebrate for Easter for Claire.  No offense to my nearly six month old, but I know she can't really understand what's going on, so I didn't want to go all out in vain.  However, last night I went ahead and set up all the gifts from the Easter Bunny (she knows who he is now, we met him at Bass Pro Shop... long story, but at least she didn't scream!  She actually patted him on the face when she was done with her picture). 
Of course I bought the tiny basket back when we had TWO gifts for her.  I didn't expect to keep adding to the stash!
This morning when she saw her haul, she smiled so big.  It made it worth it to spend the extra time setting everything up for her.  The best gifts by far were the glow worm (which she picked out herself on a recent shopping trip--Matt wanted to get her keys to chew on, but we couldn't find any). 
Just before the one and only nap of the day.  Notice I bribed her with a blankie (which I've pretty much been able to break thanks to some nice hand-me-down sleep sacks that finally fit!).  And glow worm plays music and lights up.  She looks quite angelic. 
She also liked the little soft bunny rabbit.  Of course, I'm sure that's not an age appropriate gift, but it didn't say.  So I just watch her with him.  She loves how soft he is!  She got a really adorable big duck/chick thing from their toy exchange at day care, and he's super soft, too, but a little hard to drag everywhere with us. 
We are still having trouble getting her to sit up.  She thrusts herself back because she wants to lay down (then roll over, then try to crawl), but it's kind of a scary move since if we weren't behind her, she'd slam her head on the floor!
Of course she got other things from us--but who is excited about books and clothes when there are toys to play with!  We didn't hunt Easter eggs (where's the challenge, right?) but we went to both grandma's houses.  My mom made an adorable bunny cake.  It was kind of odd cutting into him to eat, but he tasted just like chocolate, so then I didn't mind. 
Don't be fooled... this rabbit would kill you and everyone you loved if he had the chance...
And of course Claire wore her very beautiful Easter dress.  It was a gift from a family friend at my baby shower.  The only complaint (my only complaint ever with baby clothes):  All those BUTTONS!  How do clothes makers ever envision a mommy buttoning like six buttons down a 24 week old's back!?  It's harder than you'd think.
You can ALMOST see her two tiny teeth in this picture.  I think she's starting to get the top set, all these pink cheeks!
But Claire was perfectly sweet for pictures and posing with her bunny rabbit.  She spent a lot of time complaining (she's a little under the weather today) and playing.  She skipped most of her naps today (the best nap she got was this morning when she got to sleep with her glow worm since our trusty sleep sheep needs a battery).  But she mustered the strength to be nice (enough) to all the hands on her.  I, of course, too TWO naps to counteract a weekend full of activity and a morning of getting little Claire all dolled up and ready for a day out on the town.
So sweet... she's so funny.
I'm looking forward to next year's holidays when she'll finally start understanding something special is going on.  I'm sure on some level she knew today wasn't normal, but I look forward to her excitement hunting eggs and playing with her toys (for real playing, not eating them).  She's such a sweetheart, though.  I'm very proud she made it through today!  I nearly didn't!
Can't wait for next year!  Thank you, Easter Bunny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...