Thursday, November 11, 2010

Baby Photo Shoot

We only have the teasers right now, but we can't say enough for Heather Lynn Photography. We began researching photographers this summer and Heather had really affordable packages (I just can't see spending upwards of $1000 on baby pictures for a year--they're nice to have, but I'm sure that money could be put toward something that the baby actually needs). With her prices, we could afford to have several more photo shoots!
We spoke with her while still in the hospital and set up for 6 days out of womb. She arrived on time and brought lots of goodies--but she also called ahead of time to see what we had to use as well--That's service! I was glad to offer up some blankets and hats (all hand made).
Behind the scenes:
You can't tell exactly what's happening, but we actually asked Heather to pose Claire with our high school yearbooks and some Jays items. Since we both went to high school together and were friends for most of that time (which is how we're here together now) we thought it was special. It also is nice because I work for that school district, and it's the school district she will attend barring any unplanned changes in the next few years.

Heather was really good at listening to our suggestions to help make our pictures more personal. I've dealt with photographers before who would have poo-pooed this idea and just did the "standard" shots--so my baby would have looked like everyone else's! However, she was really eager to make these pictures special--posing Claire with our yearbooks was one way to do that!
At Matt's suggestion we washed up my baby blanket to see if we could use it in the photo shoot. Little known fact: I still sleep with my baby blanket. Every night. Kind of embarrassing. So we showed Heather and she was excited to try it. That's what Claire is wrapped with in the basket, and also what she's propped up on in the red hat photos. It looks perfect! I have no idea how Heather made it look so cute and sweet. I keep looking at that blanket and these pictures and wondering how it's the same thing!
The red hat photos are some of my favorites! I made the hat from a pattern from etsy only a few weeks before she was born. I didn't really know if I wanted to use it for anything, and it's not necessarily user friendly (especially since it's getting colder--it doesn't cover the head the way some other hats do!) but I thought it was cute.
Heather had quite away with our newborn; she even showed us a neat trick to get her to shut her eyes by stroking her finger down her forehead and nose. I had no idea babies would do that!

Heather had a lot of great ideas and interesting angles. When I saw her taking these pictures I couldn't even imagine what they'd look like. However, this is absolutely adorable! Heather was so kind and nice and patient! Can't say enough. Even when Claire tinkled on the side of a back drop, it wasn't a big deal (she also peed all over my hands... so... I guess you have to be thankful for what you get... could have been HER hands AND her back drop!)
Heather spent around 2 hours with us total and took lots of different pictures and poses. We were really excited to get our teasers yesterday (so timely!) just so we could start sharing and talking her up.

If anyone is considering newborn photography, I highly recommend Heather. Professional. Kind. Patient. Everything you'd want in a photographer when you're inviting her into your home only 6 days after having a baby!

Thank you, Heather, for making these wonderful memories for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...