Tuesday, June 29, 2010

First Post!

So I'm trying out the life of the self-absorbed. I am blogging.
I call myself a Domestique Goddess (because my father always says I'm just "so domestique" in all my doings). What do I consider Domestique Goddess doings? Well, I'm into a lot of different things, none of which I excel at (warning) but a lot of things I like to attempt.
For instance. I quilt, just taught myself to crochet, make a mean pair of pajama pants, and do other little sewing projects. Oh, I hem dresses sometimes. I also like to garden. My garden this year has corn, sunflowers, tomatoes, peppers (green and jalapeno), green beans, cucumbers, zucchini, and some melons. My dear husband just helped me weed the thing this evening. Much overdo.
Of the produce I procure, I can, freeze, grill, and stare at it. :) Today I canned strawberry jam and apricot/peach jam. All of which I will expand on at some point. This is just an introductory post.

So... I do all these things. I'm 22 weeks pregnant, I have three dogs (Wally, Muriel, and Mogwai), and I live with my lovely husband in our lovely house in the middle of Missouri. I teach (just finished summer school today, ugh) so I get a little off-time now to work on this self-absorption project, aka blog. Hope you can read it, hope you can enjoy it, it's just a little of what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...